At Retina Consultants of Nevada, the safety of our patients, doctors and staff is our top priority. Healthcare is an essential service and we are following all regulatory guidelines surrounding COVID-19.
Retina Consultants of Nevada is safeguarding the health and well-being of our patients and staff in our clinics through the following:
- We are keeping up with and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the World Health Organization (WHO); American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), as well as other professional societies; and state and local health departments.
- We have created a team of management and physicians to review our response as the situation evolves.
- Staff is being screened for exposure daily through an attestation form and temperature check.
- We are increasing awareness of our staff to be alert for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff to ask patients to wear a mask covering to their appointment.
- We are screening all patients before they enter the clinic with risk of exposure questionnaires and temperature checks.
- Patients are encouraged to come by themselves to the clinic if possible.
- Each patient is to use hand sanitizer upon entrance.
- Increased sanitizing of high-traffic and high-touch areas by office staff.
- Waiting room chairs have been spread out to help comply with social distancing.
- Patients have the option to wait in their vehicle.
- Slit lamp shields have been installed to protect patient and doctor.
If someone you live with or the person driving you to your appointment is currently feeling sick or has any early flu-like symptoms or a respiratory illness; has been exposed to a COVID-19 patient, or has traveled to an area with a high risk of infection rate as determined by CDC, please call us at 702-369-0200 to reschedule.