Nutrition & the Retina Webinar
Watch Our Free Webinar: Nutrition and the Retina
Charles Calvo, MD, a retinal specialist at Retina Consultants of Nevada, hosted an online webinar on Sept. 25, 2020, to help people learn ways to safeguard their vision as they age. Dr. Calvo also discussed different retina treatments that are available to preserve vision.
This free webinar is now available to view anytime!
- Macular pigments are important retinal antioxidants which protect the retina against damage from light.
- Macular pigments are made up of carotenoids which are 100% from our diet.
- These carotenoids are primarily found in green/leafy vegetables and orange/yellow fruits.
- There is an important relationship between macular pigment and age-related macular degeneration.
- AREDS2 supplements contain the two main carotenoids, lutein and xeazanthin, which decrease the risk of progression to advanced macular degeneration.
Dr. Calvo specializes in a variety of medical and surgical conditions of the retina and vitreous including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment repair, uveitis, retinal vascular diseases, and he has a special interest in pediatric retinal conditions.
If you or a loved one is experiencing vision problems such as dark spots in your vision, floaters, flashes, vision loss, straight lines that appear wavy, or any other type of strange phenomenon with your eyesight, contact the team at Retina Consultants of Nevada to schedule an eye exam right away. Sudden vision changes are always a cause for concern and prompt diagnosis and treatment is vital to protect your eyesight. Call (702) 369-0200 or click here.